Friday, January 24, 2014

Pregnancy Update - 25 Weeks

How far along:  25 weeks

Due date:  May 9th, 2014

Next doctor's appointment:  Feb. 12

Our baby is the size of a veggie/fruit/food:  Zucchini, Rutabaga, or Cauliflower

Our baby in man terms:  A gopher or a child's lunchbox (my usual site was down today, so I had to check a couple of new ones, these were what they gave me for the "man" version of the baby's size).  I love the gopher.  :P 

Total weight gain/loss:  +8.2 lbs (down a little from last week, but still in the healthy range, so nothing to worry about)

News:  Only 15 weeks to go!!  2 weeks away from the 3rd trimester!

Best moments this week:  Keeping the house clean, having energy to cook for my family, having Sunday off to spend with my family, and Dayton and Avery getting along for a little while.  :P

Milestones:  25 weeks down! 

Symptoms:  Fatigue, nausea, heartburn, discomfort when sleeping, and I think I started to notice the dark line going down my stomach, I forgot about this particular symptom, lol

Maternity clothes?  Yup!  Kinda sad that I'll only be able to wear them for a few more months.  They are so comfy!

Stretch marks?  Not from Connor, just Avery marks.  I didn't get stretch marks with Avery until about 34 weeks.  I expect that my skin still has some elasticity yet.  ;)

Belly Button in or out?  In.  I'll be very surprised if it goes out.

Movement:  Lots!  In the morning he kicks at the bed where I'm laying on my side, during the day he kicks, and at night he kicks when I'm winding down and especially when I eat ice cream.  He's a very active little guy!  I expect he will get more and more active as the weeks go by.

Gender:  It's a boy!

Sleep:  I'm tired often, so I wish I could sleep better, but the belly and heartburn are making that more difficult.  As annoying as it is to wake up in the middle of the night, I do enjoy looking at the clock and seeing that I have a couple hours to sleep still.  :)  That's nice.

Food cravings:  This week I would say my only cravings were ice cream, pepsi, and Taco Bell.  I made dinner for us several nights this week.  It felt good to cook for my family.  I wish I had the energy to do it more often.

Food aversions:  Not much this week.  I ate a lot of baked potatoes last week, so they didn't sound appealing this week.

What I miss:  Being able to roll over in bed without having to think about it and making it a whole process.  :P

What I'm loving:  Feeling Connor move, growing bigger, and hearing the doctor say that my weight gain and blood pressure are perfect.

What I'm looking forward to:  Buying a few boy items like clothes, towels, receiving blankets, and baby blankets.  Still haven't really got much specifically for Connor.

Thoughts and feelings about Michael:  Michael went and got me Taco Bell on Tuesday night after he got out of Winds of Worship.  :)  That makes him the best hubby ever.  :D  I post on facebook often about how great he is and how much I love him, that's because he is constantly showing me he cares for me in new ways and I'm blessed all over again by his life as a part of mine.  Did you know we celebrated 7 years together this week?  Pretty amazing!  I'm crazy about him!

Thoughts and feelings about Avery:  I love spending time with Avery when she's the only kid around.  It's amazing how sweet, loving, and adorable she can be!  :)  When Dayton's around she loves to play with him (whether he likes it or not) or she's running from him (because he's trying to take the block, puzzle piece, or car in her hand).  But when he's napping or gone home for the day, Avery is so sweet!  She gives hugs and snuggles, she wants to play with me, have me read her books, or watch movies together.  We don't get many opportunities to have quiet, mother-daughter time like this, so when I have these moments, I really treasure them.  I wish I had more of them.  Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice agreeing to babysit Dayton.  I get so much less uninterupted time with Avery, and as Connor's arrival gets closer, I'm wanting even more time with Avery all alone, because those moments are getting away quickly.  :\  I suppose things aren't bad with Dayton and won't be bad with Connor, they'll just be different.  I hope I can still have some of these moments with my girl when our lives change and her baby brother arrives.  :)

Labor signs:  Nope, just crazy dreams about having Connor (but not the actual labor part).

Goals:  I'd really love to get some stuff for Connor, so maybe my goal for this week will be to get over to Sis and Adam's and look through their baby stuff to pick out a few things.  Then I also need to go through Avery's newborn and 0-3 month clothes, pick out my favorite outfits that I want to keep, and take the rest to kid to kid as trade-ins towards more clothes for Connor.  Big goals for this week... (because I can't leave the house during the day due to not having a carseat for each baby) *sigh*  Maybe my goal should be to get a carseat.  I'm tired of being trapped in the house.

Weekly Wisdom:  Just say what you're feeling, when you're feeling it.  Say it nicely, but share it.  If you bottle it up inside and wait for it to go away, it'll only come out later, and a lot more emotional that it is at the moment.  Just be honest with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment