Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Baby Thoughts

Today we hit the 26 week mark!  Woot woot!  Nothing special about 26 weeks, but feels like we're getting closer.  Next week, when we hit 27 weeks, we will have made it to the 3rd trimester!  Yay!!  This pregnancy has gone by so fast!!  For the longest time the whole thing didn't feel real.  Then, when we finally did allow ourselves to get excited, we still waited a long time before we told people.  When we finally let the news out that we were pregnant, we were almost halfway done already!  :P  Now we're at 26 weeks and in a little over 3 months we'll have a baby boy in our arms!  Crazy!  Time is certainly flying!!

I'm looking forward to my doctor's appointments coming up.  In a little under 2 weeks I'll see the doctor again on Feb. 12.  This will be my LAST 4 week appointment!!!  After that, as we near the end, my appointments will get closer and closer together.  Beginning at 30 weeks, my doctor likes to see me every 2 weeks until we hit 36 weeks, then he'll see me every week until the end.   Since I'll be 27 weeks (and 5 days) when I see him next, he'll schedule my next appointment for 3 weeks away, so I'll be 30 weeks (and 5 days) when I see him.  Then the 2 week schedule takes effect.  For anyone who's really interested, here's what my doctor schedule should look like for the remainder of the pregnancy:

Feb. 12 - 27w5d
March 5 - 30w5d
March 19 - 32w5d
April 2 - 34w5d
April 16 - 36w5d
April 23 - 37w5d
April 30 - 38w5d
May 7 - 39w5d
(I won't go any farther than the May 7th appointment.  If Connor doesn't arrive by his due date of the 9th, we will give him until Monday, the 12th, and then we will induce)

I may have written this on the blog before, but when Connor will actually decide to come is still a bit of a mystery.  His due date is the 9th, that's based on my last period.  However, I don't think I ovulated until a little later in my cycle, I originally estimated his due date at the 16th.  When we went in for our dating ultrasound in the beginning (and when we saw and measured him again at 10 weeks) he wasn't quite measuring to his due date, but wasn't as far behind as the date I predicted, he was measuring closer to the 12th.  So with all of that info, my doctor decided to leave my due date at the 9th, with the understanding that he may need a few extra days.  By the time we hit our mid-pregnancy ultrasound he had caught up and was measuring right on target with his due date, even bigger than Avery had been at the same gestational age.  So I'm not sure what to think about when he'll arrive...  Anywhere from May 5th to 12th are all reasonable guesses.  :)  I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!  As painful as the contractions of active labor were, I hope he decides to come on his own and that we don't have to be induced.  Either way, in the end I get my healthy baby boy in my arms, so I suppose it doesn't really matter how he gets here, just the means to an end.  ;)

I know today is my pregnancy update day, but I felt like blogging this morning instead of doing my update.  I might do it later today, or maybe in the next couple of days.  Whenever I feel like it.

One thing that will appear on my update later is my cravings, I cannot get enough milk!  And when I'm not drinking milk, I want ice cream.  Mostly I want things that are really cold (ice water hits the spot too), specifically milk and ice cream.  Both of them are sweet too, so maybe that's part of the reason.  I crave a good deal of chocolate too.  ;)  You would think with all these sweet cravings, that I was having a little girl, but that's not the case this time.  Don't worry, I get though, I get plenty of crunchy, salty cravings too.  What I really love is Baked Lays, although Tortilla chips with queso or salsa are good too.  But we don't have either of those here at home.  So what do I end up doing?  Opening up the bag of croutons and eating cheese/garlic salad croutons right from the bag!  Lol!  This is what I'm forced to do in my chip deprived home, lol!  :P

Before I finish up, I want to tell you about all the fun I was having yesterday!!  I got onto Amazon and updated our registry a little for Connor.  I know you're not supposed to registry for the second and subsequent babies, but we're having the opposite gender, so I thought I would at least give people a couple ideas in case they were wanting to get stuff.  We don't need much since we got a lot of gender neutral stuff for Avery for this exact purpose.  There are a few "boy" items that I asked for, and a couple fun onesies, outfits, and clothes.  I had fun looking through the boy stuff and planning for Connor.  Even if no one buys us anything, it's good for me to have a list of the few items I still need.

The other fun thing I was doing yesterday was beginning to plan out 6 year anniversary vacation!!  Normally, I would suggest a big, fun trip for our 5 year anniversary, but this year we'll have a 2 week old baby, so it's not really a good time for a big trip.  Next year, however, we'll have a 1 year old who will just be finishing nursing.  That will be the perfect time for Mommy and Daddy to take a big trip out of town.  ;)  The same way we left Avery for a week with my mom shortly after her first birthday so that we could go to Vegas, we'll do the same thing with Connor so that we can go to a nice warm beach somewhere!  We're looking into a few different places right now, but it's looking like either Puerto Vallarta or Cancun.  If anyone has any suggestions or other ideas, feel free to share!  We're looking for an all-inclusive resort that has a pool and beach access, free room service, and a decent view.  ;)  Can't wait!!  We're going to be saving our pennies for the next year, and hopefully this time next year we'll have the money to book our trip!!!  :D  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!  Planning on ways to save the money already!!

For those of you who don't know, Michael and I tried to do this once before.  We saved $2000 to go on a nice 7 day cruise.  Then, when it was about time to book our trip, we decided that our money would be better put to use getting a new washer and dryer instead.  *sigh*  Darn that responsible voice in my head!  Anyways, hopefully we'll actually make it to this trip.  I know we'll have a lot of medical bills this year with Connor being born, so hopefully we can save plenty before he gets here.  ;)  We will see.  So if you're wondering what to give us for some gift, all we're asking right now is money for our trip.  :)  Thanks!!

Well, I think that's about all I want to say for now.  Hope you all have a great weekend!  I'm off tonight (YAY!!!!!), but have to work tomorrow 1-close.  Sunday, however, I'm off again!  Looking forward to a full weekend day off with my family and enjoying the Superbowl!  :)  Love you all!  Thanks for keeping up with me on this journey through my second and final pregnancy.  It's a joy to have you along!

No comments:

Post a Comment