Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Doctor!

Today we see the doctor again at 4:30pm.  Should be a fairly normal appointment.  Today we're at 23 weeks and 5 days.  2 more days until we get to the viability point (which is the age in which the baby has a chance of survival outside the womb).  I don't think this is going to be any sort of an issue, because I've had no signs of pre-term labor or anything, just another one of those little milestones to be excited about hitting.  I think the next little milestone we'll have to look forward to is reaching the 3rd trimester, which is the 27 week mark.  So we'll only have a little over 3 more weeks until we get there.  :)  I believe at our next appointment (4 weeks from today) we'll have our glucose tolerance test to check for gestational diabetes.  I didn't have any issues with gd or this test when I was pregnant with Avery, and my urine dips have always come back without sugar in them, so again, I don't think I'll have any problems with this test or issue.  Beyond the 27 week mark what will we be looking forward to?  Well, at 32 weeks we'll begin seeing the doctor every 2 weeks instead of every 4 weeks!  Hooray!!  That means we're getting close to being finished!!  At 36 weeks we'll see the doctor weekly!  Even better!!  Then, hopefully, sometime around the 40 week mark our little man will make his appearence!!  :D  We'll see where my platelet levels lay in another month.  That could have a great deal of an effect on how the appointments go for the last several weeks of the pregnancy.  With Avery, my platelets were dropping throughout the pregnancy and I had to get regular blood draws.  Hopefully my numbers are a little more stable this time and we don't have to go through as much of that.  All that being said, I requested that I be induced on Avery's due date (because I was mentally and physically done being pregnant), and my doctor agreed to schedule the induction because of my falling platelets.  However, as you may remember, Miss Avery decided on her own timing to enter the world and I went into labor the day before she was due, having her in the morning/afternoon on her due date without having to be induced.  :)  I was glad she came on her own, but would have had no problem being induced.  The same thing goes for Connor.  I want him to come when he's ready, but if he's not here by his due date of the 9th, he has until the 12th to come or I'll schedule another induction.  And as much as I want to have him at the Birthcare Center, if getting him out means going to the hospital, I'll do that.  Although, since my first delivery went well, I think they'll let me go to the Birthcare Center even if I'm induced.  I guess we'll just wait and see.  :)  Only 16 weeks and 2 days left to go!!  Time is flying by!  I'll try to update you more after the appointment, but I'm not sure that there will be much to tell.  :P  Just excited that our boy is growing and we're getting closer every day to meeting him!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment