Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pregnancy Update - 24 Weeks

How far along: 24 weeks!!  :D

Due date: May 9, 2014

Next doctor's appointment: Feb. 12th

Our baby is the size of a veggie/fruit/food: Grapefruit, Ear of Corn, Canteloupe

Our baby in man terms: Over-inflated football

Total weight gain/loss: +9 lbs

News: We had a doctor's appointment this week, everything looked good!  Connor's heartrate was 135bpm.  He was also kicking the doppler as the nurse was getting his heartrate.  My doctor said that my weight and blood pressure are great!  At our next appointment I'll do my glucose screening for gestational diabetes and get my rhogam shot.  Should be very exciting.  :)  4 more weeks!

Best moments this week: Datenight with my hubby!!  We don't go out very often anymore, but Mama agreed to babysit Avery from the time of our appointment into the evening so we could go see a movie (The Hobbit) for Michael's birthday.  :)  Connor LOVED datenight!  I don't know if it was the Pepsi, the cheese fries, or the loud, action packed, exciting movie, but he was bouncing ALL OVER the place!  :P  It was fun!  I had Michael's hand on my stomach most of the night, constantly moving it around because Connor would kick one direction (not the band) then punch in another!  Like I said, he was all over the place!  :P  We had soooo much fun!!  Thanks, Mama, for watching Avery!  We enjoyed our evening very much!

Milestones: We reached the 24 weeks mark, the age of viability!!  That means that if Connor were to arrive far to early he would have a chance of living at this point.  Each week those chances get better and better!  But of course, as the March of Dimes say, healthy babies are worth the wait, so we are hoping for at least 39 weeks.  :)

Symptoms: Fatigue, heartburn, back aches

Maternity clothes? Yup

Stretch marks? No new ones

Belly Button in or out? In

Movement: Yup

Gender: Boy

Sleep: Oh, my poor sleeping patterns.  :(  Sleeping is getting tougher and tougher.  Rolling around in bed is getting tough too.  I don't remember feeling so large at only 6 months last time, but maybe I was.  I'm tired a lot of days, and I think it's because I'm not sleeping so well.  But then again, this last week I was working a lot, so that could be contributing as well.

Food cravings: Fresh and homemade food, I've been eating a lot of frozen meals and ramen because it's quick and easy while I'm watching the babies and I'm tired of it.

Food aversions: Cooking and processed foods

What I miss: Being able to get right up, instead of rolling out of bed, lol

What I'm loving: Movement!  Connor is a very active boy.  :)

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting my little man!  We are only a few weeks away from the 3rd trimester, that's exciting!  I'm also looking forward to my doctor's appointments getting closer together.  :)

Thoughts and feelings about Michael: I appreciate all of Michael's help around the house, especially with meals.  I have no desire what-so-ever to cook.  Michael takes good care of me.  :)

Thoughts and feelings about Avery: Avery is such a sweet and happy baby.  She has her grumpy moments and days, but so do I.  I love her so very much!  :)

Labor signs: Nope

Goals: Not to be so stressed this week.

Weekly Wisdom: Be happy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment