Friday, January 10, 2014

Pregnancy Update - 23 Weeks

I almost forgot that we gained another week yesterday until I got on my phone and my pregnancy widget was showing a pomegranite instead of a papaya.  It's kind of funny all the random fruits they use to show you how big your baby is week by week, but I enjoy it.  :)  I like seeing that my baby is growing and having some new fruit to look forward to each week.  :)

How far along: 23 weeks 1 day

Due date: May 9, 2014

Next doctor's appointment: Jan. 15, less than a week away!!

Our baby is the size of a veggie/fruit/food: Pomegranate, Large Mango, or Grapefruit

Our baby in man terms: Over-inflated Football

Total weight gain/loss: +7.6 lbs, nice to see the weight gain leveling out for a moment.  I know I gain a good deal of my weight in the 3rd trimester, so I need the 2nd to stop trying to do me in, lol!  Speaking of which, only 4 more weeks until we hit the 3rd trimester!!  Since we shared ours news it seems like the pregnancy has been going by sooo fast!!

News: Almost to the viability point, only 6 more days!

Best moments this week: Lots of movement!  The anterior placenta doesn't seem to be much of a problem anymore.  :)  Michael and I can both feel Connor moving a lot!  :)

Milestones: We hit 23 weeks!  Baby boy continues to grow!!

Symptoms: Nausea, fatigue, heartburn, and Braxton Hicks

Maternity clothes? Yup, just got some new jeans!!  Love them!!

Stretch marks? Nothing from Connor, just from Avery

Belly Button in or out? In

Movement: Yes!!  Loving every tiny little kick!!

Gender: A wonderful baby boy!!

Sleep: Getting tougher, between the ever growing belly and the cold the last couple days have stunk.  :(

Food cravings: Sweets!  Chocolate everything!

Food aversions: Cooking.  I like eating and most things sound good, but cooking sounds terrible.  :\

What I miss: Wine, especially around the holidays and New Years.  But it's all worth it!  Can't wait to meet our little man!!

What I'm loving: Growing, movement, preparing the nursery, and planning our hospital bags

What I'm looking forward to: Delivery!!  I know, crazy, right!?!  I'm actually looking forward to going to the birthcare center and meeting our little man.  I'm also looking forward to some bonding between Michael, Connor, and I before we go back home to Avery.

Thoughts and feelings about Michael: Michael is always so wonderful to me, here are some of the amazing things he's done, just in the last week: gone to Metro Grill in Waterfront to get me my favorite dish (Pasta Mia) because they don't sell it at the mall anymore, and brought it to me at work, vaccumed the living room, rearranged the furniture, took down the Christmas tree, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, ran a cycle of diapers, and made the bed!  Isn't he awesome?!  All the little things that he does help me out so very much and show me how much he loves and cares about me.  :)  He's so special to me.  I had a mini emotional meltdown earlier this week from feeling overwhelmed and underappreciated by other people in my life, and Michael was comforting me through that time, making sure I was ok.  I love him sooooo much!!!

Thoughts and feelings about Avery: Miss Avery is such a blessing to our lives!  Every time she smiles and giggles it fills my heart with joy!  This week she was particularly interested in her baby dolls.  I would swaddle them into her baby blankets and she would carry them around the house.  I think "baby" is one of her favorite words to say.  :)  She's going to make such a wonderful big sister!!  I can't wait to introduce her to Connor.  She has such a loving and caring heart.  She loves companionship, and I know that a sibling will do her so much good.  :)  It will be amazing to see the ways that she grows and begins to help out more when Connor gets here.  I have BIG hopes and dreams for her!  I love her sooooo much!!

Labor signs: Nope, just Braxton Hicks every now and then, mostly at night and in the early morning.

Goals: Continue working on cleaning the house and finish putting away the Christmas decor before our friends come over for game night a week from tomorrow.  :)

Weekly Wisdom: Make a list.  Lists help me so much in my life.  Whether it be a grocery list to keep me focused at the store or a cleaning list to keep me focused during the week, they are incredibly helpful.  I got a pad of paper for Christmas that has a to-do list and a to-buy list on it.  I intend to write a household cleaning to-do list each week to try to keep myself organized and the house clean.  We'll see how long I keep up with it.  So far I'm liking it a lot, although my first week might have been a little too ambitious.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment