Friday, January 3, 2014

Pregnancy Update - 22 Weeks

How far along:  22 weeks, 1 day

Due date:  May 9, 2014

Next doctor's appointment:  Jan. 15

Our baby is the size of a veggie/fruit/food:  Papaya/Spaghetti Squash

Our baby in man terms:  Over-inflated football

Total weight gain/loss:  +7.4 lbs

News:  Not much to report this week.

Best moments this week:  Laying in bed doing kick counts and feeling Connor kicking up a storm!  :)  I'm feeling a lot more of his activity lately and I love it!

Milestones:  Nothing special, we are almost done with month 5, meaning we're only got a little over 4 months to go until we meet our little man!  I should really get his room ready and get all the girl stuff out, lol!

Symptoms:  Heartburn!  Hopefully he'll be born with a full head of hair!  ;)  I'm also stiff and sore in the morning from all the growing that Connor insists on doing in the middle of the night.  :D

Maternity clothes?  Yup, still need some new maternity jeans that don't cut me right in the middle of the belly.  I'll have to use some of my Christmas gift cards!

Stretch marks?  Just from Avery.  ;)

Belly Button in or out?  In

Movement:  Oh yes!  He's moving and shaking now!  Can't wait until we can SEE it from the outside!  ;)

Gender:  We're having a handsome baby BOY!!

Sleep:  I toss and turn a lot these days trying to find a comfortable position.  I also wake up with heartburn, which is no fun.  But overall, sleep isn't too bad yet.

Food cravings:  I want Asian Zing wings from BDubs, Art's and Mary's jalepeño chips, Bunny Tracks ice cream, and Pepsi.  ;)  A warm, creamy, sweet cup of coffee might be nice every now and then too.  ;)

Food aversions:  Not much, just everything we have here at home.  :P  I guess I'm more averted to cooking than anything else.  Luckily I have an amazing husband who helps me out in that area and makes sure that Avery and I have something to eat.

What I miss:  Finding a comfortable spot when I'm sleeping or laying in bed.

What I'm loving:  Movement and quiet time with Connor.  When I'm alone in a quiet place and I start to feel him move, I like to talk to him.  :)  It's fun.  I remember doing the same thing when I was pregnant with Avery.  :)

What I'm looking forward to:  Being able to see his movements from the outside of my stomach, hitting the 3rd trimester, meeting our little man, and having Courtney, our photographer, there for Connor's birth.  :)

Thoughts and feelings about Michael:  Michael is so incredibly wonderful to me, both when I'm pregnant and when I'm not.  He cares for me so dearly.  He gets me food when I'm hungry and rubs my back when I'm sore.  He truly cares about me and he shows it.  I'm absolutely crazy about him!  :)  Did you know we've been in a relationship together for nearly 7 years now?  I can hardly believe it!  I look forward to many more years at his side.

Thoughts and feelings about Avery:  Little Miss Avery is having her moments lately.  ;)  Michael and I joke that she's going through her terrible two's early.  :P  She gets upset easily if she doesn't get what she wants.  I can't tell you how many times I've told her, I'm sorry you feel that way.  I'm sure she's getting incredibly tired of hearing it, lol!  But she's my baby girl and I love her dearly!  This morning she got all cuddly and was giving me lots of hugs!  It was so sweet!  As I said, she's having some moments lately, but I love her soooo much!  She's my big girl and she's turning out amazing!!

Labor signs:  Nope, maybe a few Braxton Hicks, but nothing I can't handle.  ;)

Goals:  Put away the Christmas stuff this week...  We'll see how that goes...

Weekly Wisdom:  Put your best foot, face, and attitude forward.  Even when you're frustrated, tired, or angry, don't take it out on others.  Things may be as you perceive, or they may be something you never saw coming.  Don't be the jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment