Monday, January 6, 2014

Bummed. :(

If you've been keeping up with our blog, you know that last week I posted about having a photographer with us during Connor's birth to capture all the precious moments so we can enjoy the birth of our son.  Well I'm still very excited about having her there, but less excited because we have to cut out our maternity photos.  :(  Courtney just posted her new prices for the 2014 season and things have gone up significantly.  I want to continue using her because I know her, trust her, and she's done great work for us in the past.  But the fact is, we can't spend $700 in pictures when we're going to have medical bills to pay as well.  :(  I don't remember exactly, but I think when Avery was born we paid around $250, which included our maternity session, our newborn session, 2 cd's with all the edited prints, and the copyright release to all the pictures.  Now we want to add a birth session and the cost is just too high.  She has now seperated all her sessions, so the maternity and newborn sessions are seperate each with a hefty pricetag, and the birth session is alone as well with a pricetag even bigger than the first two.  *sigh*  We'll pay for the birth and newborn session, and it will be tight, but those are what we 'need'.  (I know we don't actually 'need' any, but we want to try to do for Connor what we did for Avery.  So we're welcoming recommendations for friends and family who like photography and would enjoy taking some maternity photos.  Thanks for listening to my pity party.  :P

2 comments:

  1. I would take maternity photos for you in a heartbeat if I was in Kansas!

    ReplyDelete