Thursday, November 12, 2020

COVID-19 Day 245 - November 9 - I'm thankful I live in Wichita!

 November 9 - I'm thankful I live in Wichita!

Michael
and I moved here 9 years ago to be closer to family and to find Michael an engineering job. We took pictures of all of our favorite spots in Manhattan before we left, because we knew we were going to miss it so much. Since we've arrived here we've bought a house, had 2 babies, had 10 different jobs between the two of us, and 4 different roommates. It has been a busy 9 years! When we first arrived, I looked on Google and Yelp and various food blogs to create a list of must-try restaurants. The last 2 years I've participated in the #BuyICT challenges. We've found our favorite spots all over town...
Breakfast - Dempsey's Biscuit and Homegrown
Coffee - Reverie
Burgers - Dempsey's Burger
Pizza - Picasso's, Ziggy's, and Piatto
Tacos - Taco Locale
Lunch - The Kitchen
Dinner - George's
Chocolate - Cocoa Dolce
Candy Store - The Nifty Nuthouse
Auto Shop - Yost
ICT Swag Stores - The Workroom and Lucinda's
Lawn and Garden Supplies - Valley Feed and Seed
Liquor Store - Groves
Farmer's Market - Old Town Farm and Art
Brewery - CSB and Norton's
Escape Room - The Room
Family Time Locations - The Sedgwick County Zoo, Exploration Place, and The Keeper of the Plains
And so many other places... I love the Douglas Design District and the beautiful murals all over. We've had so much fun just walking around looking for all the different murals and taking pictures! I love all of the community events! We had a great time at ICT Open Streets as well as RiverFlix and RiverFest. I'm wearing my Wichita flag shirt right now, and love seeing it and The Keeper of the Plains statues all over town. I love watching shows from MTW and can't wait for them to return. I love that IBA and Wichita have been chosen to host the NCAA tournament several times and I love the atmosphere that tourney, as well as TBT brought to our city. Wichita is a fabulous place to live! I love it so much here! Michael and I still intend to end up in Manhattan or right outside it to build our dream home, but I know there will be a a wall full of pictures in that home of all of our favorite Wichita spots, because this place truly feels like home. ❤














No comments:

Post a Comment