Monday, November 9, 2020

COVID 19 Day 242 - November 5 - I am thankful for my job in the library!

 November 5 - I am thankful for my new job in the Sunflower Elementary Library! It has been a joy and a privilege to work at Sunflower that last 2+ years. I enjoyed most of my time as a para and loved getting to know a few students very well as I worked with them multiple years. I don't get to know those select kids as well anymore, but I do get to see every kid in the school now, and that's so much fun! I'm still struggling to learn all of their names, as I can only see half of their faces, and only have them in the library for 30-60 minutes per week, but I am sure trying!

❤ I couldn't ask for a better teammate in
Karla
! She is fun, hopeful, motivated, a visionary, a team player, an advocate for our students, progressive, a lifelong learner, diligent, a problem solver, and an extremely hard worker! She put so much work into making the library a great place for our students. It is a true joy working with her. This new job has changed my at work days and hours as well. Instead of 5 days a week, I'm only working 3 days a week now. While it took a little while to get used to not going to work each day, it's really been a nice blessing. Now I get to work for 3 days, have 2 quiet days to myself, and then have the weekend with
Michael
and the kids. It's been working out really well and I'm loving the new balance. I sort of fell into this job this year, hoping to move into it eventually, but never dreaming it would happen so soon. I love Sunflower, the staff, the students, the environment. I'm grateful to be working there and I'm so thankful for this new position in the library, which I love so so much! ❤📚
Image may contain: 1 person
Linda Voss, Tara Grisier and 13 others

No comments:

Post a Comment