Wednesday, November 4, 2020

COVID-19 Day 237 - November 3 - I'm Thankful for the Right to Vote

 November 3 - I am thankful for the right to vote and make my voice heard on who will lead and represent my interests in the large stage of our government. I know this is a privilege that many around the world do not have. I am thankful for the kind, open, and genuine conversations I've had leading up to this day. I'm thankful for the people who have different opinions without being smug, self righteous, condescending, or aggressive. I am thankful that each and every vote will be counted and that all voices will have a chance to be heard. I'm thankful this season is almost over, because it's been hard. I am thankful that my hope doesn't reside in a man in a white house, but in a Father on a throne. Whatever the results, this too shall pass. I'm thankful for my right to vote. I exercised that right and I'm proud of that.

It's not over.  Every vote will be counted.  The gaps are getting smaller.  I remain hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment