Wednesday, November 4, 2020

COVID-19 Day 237 - November 2 - I'm Thankful for Avery

 November 2 - I'm thankful for my sweet baby girl and so proud of her! A little over 8 years ago, Miss Avery Rose made me a mom. Our girl is kind and spunky, thoughtful and silly, hard-working and understanding, persistent and fierce. We love her so very much! We are also incredibly proud of the young lady she is becoming and of her hard work in school. The most recent example, obviously, being her Happy Hedgehog pumpkin. When we brainstormed what she might like to do for her project, she originally thought of DogMan. But then Mrs. Skibba found the book, The Happy Hedgehog, in the library and set it aside for her,, knowing she'd enjoy a story about a hedgehog after getting one for her birthday. After reading the story,, she was determined to make a hedgehog pumpkin. We discussed a plan and how she might accomplish just that. Then, over the next couple of weeks, she spent her spare time adding layers of paint, poking in several hundred toothpicks, and creating "Fuzzy Friends" from pom poms and googly eyes when she realized we'd have left over supplies. As I have already completed 2nd grade, I wasn't going to do her project for her. It's a hard line I draw in the sand when it comes to my children's school projects, even if they are done at home. I handled the hot glue gun, to keep her safe, and the rest of the work was her own. I love our sweet girl, her vision, and her work ethic. It is almost always a joy being her mother, because our girl exudes joy constantly. I tell Michael it really should have been her middle name, because joyful is one of the best words to describe her. A little over 8 years ago this sweet girl made me a mom, and I am so very thankful to have her in my life.

❤🌹

No comments:

Post a Comment