Monday, November 30, 2020

COVID-19 Day 263 - November 16 - I'm thankful I have gotten to travel in my life!

November 16 - I am thankful I have gotten to travel in my life.  ❤🗺✈🧳🚗🏖🏞  I love traveling and seeing new places!  I love going on vacations and doing all the things (much to my introverted husband's chagrin).  😉  As a kid we were fortunate enough to go on several vacations around the Midwest, annual trips to Dallas, TX, and annual trips to Manhattan, KS, and OKC for softball tournaments.  I loved staying in hotels, seeing new cities, and eating out!  In college my world expanded even farther with trips to Mexico 🇲🇽 and Cameroon 🇨🇲 (with a layover in Paris 🗼❤🇫🇷).  After Michael and I got married we had little to no money to travel very far.  We made annual trips to Iowa for Tugfest and to see family, which I loved and looked forward to every year.  Once we saved enough to go on a cruise, but ended up using the money for a washer and dryer instead (which are still going strong 9 years later, so that was probably a good call).  When Connor was one, we saved up enough again and went to Mexico to an all-inclusive resort.  It. Was. Amazing!  We enjoyed the beach and food and a week of relaxing away from our small children (though we did miss them terribly).  Since then, big international trips haven't really been in the budget, but that hasn't stopped us from traveling.  😊🚗  We began our map and our quest to visit all 50 states by the time the kids got out of high school, right after Connor was born.  We have checked 15 states off our list in his 6 years.  It has been A BLAST sharing my love for travel with my kiddos!  Each year and each trip just gets more and more fun!  I'm not sure when Michael and I will be able to go back to Paris together or do any other international trip, for that matter, but I'm thankful for what we have done and all the places we've been.  I look forward to all our future travel!  #VossVaca

No comments:

Post a Comment