Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

Wow, I can't believe another year is coming to an end!  What a year it's been!  Our sweet baby girl has grown up so much this year!  She's hardly a baby anymore!  She's more like a tiny kid.  *sigh*  Time sure does go by fast.  :)

So much of this year has been about Avery.  :)  She was almost 3 months old when 2013 started, just an itty bitty little thing.  She's grown so much!  She's learned to hold her head up, crawl, and walk.  She's learned some sign language to help us understand what she wants and needs.  She's developed into a beautiful and incredibly smart little lady.  She is fiercely independent and displays many of the characteristics of a firstborn child.  :)  She's perfect, our angel, and our year was made better because she was a part of it.  :)

Then, a few months into the year, I got the bug again, the baby bug.  Even though our little one was still very small, I was anxious for her to have a sibling.  So as soon as I got off the pill again, we got pregnant again, without even actively trying.  It was a blessing and a curse, because it was short lived and ended in miscarriage.  I think it's one of the bigger things I'm going to take away from this year.  It was one of those defining moments.  I wish it didn't have to happen the way it did, but some things are beyond your control.

However, that's not where the story ended.  When our doctor gave us the ok, we got pregnant again.  We kept it a secret for much long since we didn't know if it would end in heartache again.  Nothing is worse than having to untell a pregnancy announcement.  But, our baby proved us wrong and stayed healthy.  :)  So eventually, we finally told the world we had a little one on the way.  Not long after that we had our sonogram and found out our little one was a little boy.  :)  So now we anxiously await the arrival of 2014 and our own Connor.  :)

In 2013 Michael got a raise that helped stabilize us financially.  I also got a raise at work, and while my income doesn't mean much, it made me feel good to be appreciated by my boss and to have her fight for my raise.  :)  We spent our first FULL year in our house, which quickly filled with more baby stuff than we know what to do with.  We paid off Avery's medical bills and my car this year!  No small feet if you ask me!  I have now been babysitting Dayton for a full year now, as I began right at the beginning of 2013.  He has been a great friend for Avery and it's been fun, challenging, rewarding, and stressful watching them grow together.  ;)  I've made some new friends this year and helped some people out.  I'm looking forward to what 2014 has to offer.

Finally, what cannot be said enough, I got to spend another blissful year with the man of my dreams, my knight in shiny platinum armour, my best friend, Michael.  :)  He has been my rock and shoulder during the tough times this year.  He has added to my joy tenfold during the times when things were going well.  He loves our daughter, our son, and me so very much, and he shows it in everything he does.  He also tells me he loves me many times each and every day, and it's something I never get tired of hearing.  :)  He's all I could ask for and so much more.  It's hard for me to believe sometimes that I'm living this fairytale, but it's true.  I live a charmed life with the man of my dreams.  I am an incredibly lucky woman.  :)

Happy New Years, to my friends and family.  May you be blessed in 2014.  :)  We love you!  See you next year!

With Love,
Michael, Jen, Avery, and Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment