Tuesday, February 16, 2021

COVID-19 Day 341

Now here's a twist I didn't see coming...

Our internet has been spotty for the last few days with the cold.  Not a huge deal as we had a long weekend followed by our last snow day that was built into the school calendar.  But the school district just decided that tomorrow will be a remote learning day.  Add to that, the fact that our kids didn't bring their chromebooks home on Thursday because I was planning on going to work today and taking them with me.  Fortunately, last Spring, we bought a chromebook for home, so we have one, but only one.  However, with spotty internet, it's still pretty up in the air whether the kids will be able to get on to their lessons anyway.  Oh yeah, one more thing, Rolling Blackouts!!  That's fun!  Now, please don't misunderstand me.  I understand why they are happening and I support Evergy's unpopular decision.  I would rather have 30-60 minutes of no power than have the grid overpowered and blown and be out of power for many hours.  It will make school a bit more of a challenge though.  However, if 2020 taught us nothing else, it is to be flexible, give grace, and know that we're all in the same boat together and we'll get through this.  Like I said in my post yesterday, I think it will be a light remote learning day, possibly writing or creating something to remember this long weekend that lasted a week.  🤷🏼‍♀️  In the end, if we even have to add a day to the end of May and just scrap tomorrow, that's fine with me too.  Plus, all the days I'm not working this week, I'm adding to book fair week!  It will be nice to know I'm not leaving Karla in the lurch that week!  It will also be weird to work a 5 day week again!  😳  Good thing Spring Break is the week before.  I'll have time to rest up before my crazy week.  😜

That's all I've got.  2021 is still not holding back any punches.  Are we more resilient yet??

Oh wait, one more thing!  Michael got me a new yarn color for single digit days on my blanket!  Look how beautiful it's coming along!!

No comments:

Post a Comment